In general relativity, an event horizon is a space-time boundary beyond which no matter can escape; it is a “point of no return” past which nothing will be the same.
Event Horizon is also the title of the final expansion for Exodus: Proxima Centauri. Designed by Rainer Åhlfors and Andrei Novac, it marks a significant step in the Exodus universe!
As an expansion, Exodus: Event Horizon is a bold endeavor. It is certainly designed with existing fans in mind, ensuring a natural fit with the game play and experience many have come to love and expect. But it is also designed to appeal to new players, perhaps even those who would otherwise not give Exodus: Proxima Centauri a first try.
Exodus: Event Horizon is fully enjoyable when integrated with with just the base game of Exodus: Proxima Centauri, but it also works great along with Edge of Extinction, the previously released first expansion for Exodus. Even though all ten modules therein are compatible with one another and can be used together, each represents a new or enhanced experience. While some modules integrate seamlessly, others will surprise and engage you in brand new modes of play.
- Bonus Actions: This module adds additional Bonus Action cards as options in your games.
- Centaurian Resistance: The Resistance fleets have been reimagined to better scale in both threat and reward throughout the game.
- Centaurian Outposts: Centaurians are actively defending their planets against players who exploit their valuable resources.
- Exploration: Surprising events and sudden dangers await those brave enough to explore the unknown worlds.
- New Planets: New and exotic planets provide even more variety and choices as you expand the reach of your faction.
- Proxima Centauri: Our home star makes an appearance in the game and impacts the planetary system with solar wind.
- Jump Gates: Utility structures suitable for both strategic and tactical use as well as emergency response.
- Communication Satellites: With a strong communication network, your ships will gain an advantage away from home.
- Energy Barriers: Natural pockets of energy which can be both a hindrance and a boon.
- Leaders: Employ powerful leaders and benefit from their unique strengths.
Event Horizon contains two new multi-player scenarios. The Centaurian Stronghold scenario introduces fully cooperative and semi-cooperative play in Exodus: Proxima Centauri. The Centaurian Stronghold scenario also has a specific Solo Mode. Additionally, the self-titled Event Horizon scenario is played using in-game timed events.
Exodus: Event Horizon, coming in 2017!
To find out more about Exodus: Proxima Centauri click HERE.
To find out more about Exodus: Edge of Extinction click HERE.